Sunday, April 30, 2006

Howdy

Wow, it's tough to keep up with blogging... not for lack of material, but lack of time. It seems like life has been extra busy lately.. probably not the case, but it does seem that way. So... "what's going on?" you may ask.

This past week was a tough one for me emotionally. I had a couple of difficult conversations, and some difficult experiences that were hard. I've also been pretty stressed with work. We're very busy, but the reality is that being very busy doesn't neccessarily translate into providing more financially.

My time with the Lord has been good, but has been more difficult to get the past few weeks. Merit has settled into waking up around 7:00 every morning, which with my current schedule is usually when I try to start my prayer walk. As a result, I end up trying to pray while making Merit breakfast and getting her started, which is good, but I do miss my prayer walks. I'm going to try to switch up my sleep schedule to get up earlier to get more time with the Lord.

Let's see... here's a quick snapshot of the weekend: Saturday morning Merit woke up around 5:30 for some reason. I got up with her at 6:15 to let Debi sleep and made some breakfast taco's for us all. We went to Merit's freind Archer's birthday party, he turned two. We got to see our friends Ramona and Austin and Fred and Cynthia there. Merit got a baloon, a kite and some other nice party favors. I worked on worship in the afternoon, and then went with Cody at 4:00 to watch the Mavericks game at the Movie Tavern. It was fun to watch on the big screen, with a lot of other mavs fans. Great game too. We ate dinner at my parents house and then cleaned their kitchen and went home to go to bed. Today I got up a little before 7:00. Merit woke up at 7:00 and had "blanket time" while I read the Word. Debi dropped me off for set up and worship practice, and then came to church at 10:30. I broke three strings, 1 in practice, 2 in the service. Good teaching from Baron. After church we came home and had lunch and napped. Went early to the church office to get the books finished up for the month. Wasn't a horrible month, but still very tight, mainly due to tax payments. Left early from the staff meeting to go the Jazz fest. We met Gina and Pat and Fred and Cynthia there and listend to Brave Combo play. Glen's HG was there too. Merit was a little overwhelmed by the crowd and noise, and was getting tired, so we left around 8:30. Debi just finished putting Merit to sleep, so I should sign off here and start getting ready for bed. That's it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home