Wednesday, January 25, 2006

SXSW

I made tentative plans to attend SXSW this year with my friend Jason. There's 3 Denton bands listed in the lineup, Best Fwends, Donal Hinely, and Centro-matic (the only one I'm familiar with). I feel obligated of course to support my hometown musicians, so I'm going to try and familiarize myself with them over the next month... There are plenty of sweet bands on the schedule right now, so I'm pretty pumped about going. If anyone else is interested let me know

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol... My roomate from last year, a guy I went to high school with, is in Best Fwends! Talk to me later, and I'll try and describe what their music is like.

2:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's AWESOME!!! Pilotdrift is on the lineup once again! They are also playing at Gypsy Tea Rm with Supergrass on Feb. 18. Oh you tempter of all tempters - I wanna go!
-Tams

5:07 PM  
Blogger david said...

I went to South by Southwest in 2000 and had a blast. Saw Sonic Youth, Built to Spill, Olivia Tremor Control, Jackdrag, and more...
It's amazing how many great bands they can get together in one place.

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home