Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Mavs Win! Mavs Win!

Cody and I went to the game last night, and it was increadible! I've never been to a basketball game of that caliber, with two teams with unbelievable determination not willing to give up... anyway, it was an awesome experience. The atmosphere in the building was the closest I've been to an Aggie football game since I got out of college, and walking down the stairs still yelling and clapping, it really felt like college station...

Anyway I caught Duncan's coments on the radio after that game, in a speech that lasted 21 seconds, he was asked if he was dissapointed in his team's play down the stretch, and he just said "no" and got up and left. Hearing that, it really made me think about the "agony of defeat". The hardest part of losing is not losing when you play badly, it's when you've given it everything you possibly have and still come up short. You could hear it in Tim's voice... he had done everything he could to win that game, and the team gave it everything they had, and they still came up short. For some reason that feeling resonated with me a lot today, and I've been contemplating a lot of my past ministry year, and whether my reliance has really been on God, or if I've just givin it my best shot, and tried to win through sheer determination of my own... Anyway, that was a major switch into a serious topic, but one I'll be taking up with the Lord in the morning. For those wondering how awesome the game was though... it was stinkin awesome! My prediction: Mavs close it out in San Antone in 5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home